Wednesday, October 08, 2008

I get up at 5:15am for fun

I really do--I blog in the morning, before school. The house is quiet, I can think (albeit not always perfectly clearly), and.....zzzzzzzzzzzz.

*head snaps up* Whazzat?

I thought as I got out of bed this morning, "You are getting out of bed for fun. You are getting out of bed to blog. What's wrong with you?" Because the past few years of my life, if I had to get out of bed at 5:15am, it was to go to work early, because I was so behind, because I was so overworked, etc. etc. etc. Let me tell you, it's harder to get out of bed when you are looking forward to that.

I'm not even getting paid to blog, and I'll get up to do this challenge. What does this say about me? I think it means that I need a balance in my life--more fun, less work. Just like my friend Kenny, who gets up at 4am to go fishing on a weekend. He does it because it's fun! "I can't get up any later than that--the fish will have all moved on. They're biting in the early morning, and that's what makes it fun!"

Biting, indeed. I'm not fishing, but this is hilarious to me. It's hilarious that my life has changed even a little bit, so that I can find fun in writing. As such, I started research yesterday on a new book. That's two books I'm working on right now.

Wheeeeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment