- Wafflehouse Waitress. Okay, it wasn't exactly a wafflehouse, it was/is a diner. But I love the Bill Hicks joke that he tells. He's sittin' in a wafflehouse, reading his book. The waitress comes up and says, "Whatcha readin' for?" Not, "Whatcha readin'?" "Whatcha readin' for?" At which point Bill Hicks thinks for just a second and says, "I suppose it's because I don't want to be a fucking wafflehouse waitress!"
- Golf caddy. This was for the Amana V.I.P. in or around 1987. I didn't get paid, it was just for "prestige." I caddied for one day for some guy who was a soap opera star whose name I can't remember.
- Radio DJ. Again, unpaid, but sooooooooo much fun. Did you know an FCC license is for life? I earned mine working one shift per week for 89.7fm, KRUI, Iowa City.
- Public school teacher. For the past 15 fucking years.
4 Films I Could Watch Over and Over
- Harry Potter (all of them)
- French Kiss
4 TV Shows I Watch
- The Closer
- I don't watch...
- ...much tv.
4 Places I’ve Lived
- Amana, Iowa My hometown.
- Iowa City, Iowa My college hometown. 5 years. I often miss it.
- Houston, Texas Two years of living in a shithole. That place literally smells like shit--it's in the air! I never miss it.
- Denver, Colorado Since 1994. I wish we could afford a nicer neighborhood. Someday...
4 Favorite Foods
- French Onion soup My recipe, originally from Juila Child.
- Pumpkin pie My grandma's recipe. Nobody else's.
- Stuffed sweet red peppers My husband's recipe. Nobody else's.
- Roasted chicken Anybody's recipe, as long as it is succulent.
4 Websites I Visit Everyday
- Indigo blue
- royal purple
- fairy dust iridescent purply-pink
4 Places I Would Love to Be Right Now
4 Names I Love But Would/Could Not Use for my Children