Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Something different


I want to do something different.

I received a lovely rejection letter in the mail yesterday. I had applied for a job, and they thought that my experience and qualifications were "impressive," but were not a good fit for the job.

Well, I guess that's that.

Giving up is not an option. I have to do something different. This job does not fulfill my needs. My needs include filling my bank account, so there you go. I've gotta get out of here.

Self-employment is a big leap, and I'm about killing myself trying to go about it the risk-free way. That way includes having several on-the-side self-employment ventures. When one of those pays off big, then I can quit. But not until then. I remember corresponding with an author, mentioning that quitting my job wasn't an option right now. He said, "When you hate it enough, you'll quit." I worry that my endurance threshold is too high.

If I lived in a big house in a lovely neighborhood, I might take out a loan against the equity and live on that while building the business. But my option right now is to build a business while working full-time. It's exhausting!

I might die before I can enjoy the lifestyle that self-employment affords.

No comments:

Post a Comment