Wednesday, October 17, 2007

You won't believe it.

So last night, my heart started to race. It wouldn't stop. It felt like my entire torso was vibrating from the inside.

And it wouldn't stop.

So I don't eff with heart problems, right? I took an aspirin and tried to fall back asleep.

Didn't work, as right when I fell asleep, the dog barked. More adrenaline. More shaking. It felt like I was awake all night, but I know I wasn't, because I woke up. If I woke up, I had to have slept at some point.

Was this an anxiety attack? A precursor to a heart attack? I didn't know. But this morning I didn't feel it, so I went to work.

Then I felt it again, around 10am. Vibrating inside. I called the doctor and made an appointment. After lunch, the weirdness went away. Low blood sugar from my meds?

Went to the appointment, and guess what?

My blood pressure is superb.

My pulse is perfect.


The doctor doesn't know what it is, but does not suspect low blood sugar, as she says that's "very rare." I don't know if I believe her, but whatever. I just don't want this shit to happen again.

Anybody else think it's time for me to find another job? Anybody believe now that public schools systematically work teachers to death?

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:46 PM

    I've thought you needed to find a new job for at least the last four years. But this is proof! Your body agrees with me.

    Find something else. Do something freelance and have Izzy get a job for the insurance for now. Teach non-fiction writing. Do your web site. Teach stained glass. Give tours of Haunted Denver. Anything that's not working in a public school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are on a stress overload to me...I just read a cure for that: "Locate the sources of your stress and eliminate them." SNORT!

    Aren't experts helpful?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep and Yep.

    Hang in there...you're in my good thoughts file.

    ReplyDelete