Monday, October 03, 2011

I Can't Even Read Blogs

My work as a public school teacher has been wearing on me this year.
(Insert boring whiny list  about principal, union stuff, time management, etc. You know the drill.)


Because of this, I set my mind every Monday toward the task of becoming self-employed. I decide what weekly task will help me get there, and I try to complete that one task. This morning, having one minute before my day starts to read a blog, I opened up my Google reader, and began.


And I couldn't do it.


I couldn't read about all these entrepreneurs and other self-employed individuals and their ideas for MY business. I couldn't do it. It's just too painful. Everything is becoming overwhelming, very quickly.


It's hard to explain--but I just couldn't read blogs today.


Have you escaped a job or dissolved a business that was hindering you?





4 comments:

  1. Somtimes it's hard to read about what others are doing that your'e not, but keep at it. Find a blog you enjoy that makes you smile! You'll get there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I have. And there are those painful moments but there are also lots of grace notes to be found in being self-employed. I'm a therapist and a writer. I've always paddled my own canoe and I go many places that are scary and many more that are beautiful. I'm sending you good energy for what you are trying to do!Jan Morrison

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always knew when it was time to leave a particular job. No matter how much money I was making, I always left. I wasn't doing anyone any good by continuing when I was so disgusted being there. I had my first busines at the age of 25. I also had a great job, too. I am 43 and currently on my 5th business. A few of them I knew pretty quickly they wouldn't work, so I didn't spend a lot of money and waste a lot of time. When it comes to businesses, I don't mind when they fail and I have to move on to another one. They say 9 out of 10 businesses fail. I get excited because the closer I get to 9 of them failing, the closer I get to that one really successful one. Stay postitive, but keep moving forward. You will feel better in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I escaped a job that took me away from my family, and thus began Raige Creations. Now it wasn't as easy as that sounded, but still I don't regret it a single, broke, day. The stresses are tough, but take it step by step, and soon you will find you have reached the top of the stairs.

    ReplyDelete