Monday, October 10, 2011

Family Business

Vendor Gift from Horseshoe Craft and Flea Market, October 1, 2011


My craft business has recently changed course just a bit. The economy tanked a while ago, as I'm sure you all know, and my husband had been looking for a job for two years (since our daughter started kindergarten). I finally asked him, "Why don't you work for me, and make soap full-time? We could really expand the business if you did that, and stopped looking for a job." So, he works for the business, and I still have my full-time job, but I don't have to make the soap anymore. It's been a miracle for me. Sleep is a miracle.


That business? Sales have improved over this past year. I won't know exactly how much until I do my taxes, of course. I have started on another crafty idea and we have money in the bank. Another miracle.


Hiring my spouse changed our business. We are busier than ever, and new opportunities keep coming. 


What changed the course of your business?

No comments:

Post a Comment