Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Etsy: Love-Hate Relationship

Does anybody else find the "featured seller" item at the bottom of Etsy's front page annnoying? Maybe I'm the only one. How do they find the featured seller? It seems that the people they choose are among their favorites---already featured on the front page, many times. How do I know this? I've seen their stuff on the front page! Of course, I'm sure Etsy will deny favoritism.

And some of the stuff that they get folks to say as a featured seller just put me over the edge. Take today's blurb, for example:
I find the moments before I close my eyes to be the most fruitful. My studio is located where we used to have a guest room. There has been a direct correlation between when I claimed this space for myself, and when I started transforming all of my ideas into reality.


What? Transforming all my ideas into reality? Since I've lately been filled with murderous rage, I don't think transforming ALL my ideas into reality is a good thing. And don't get me wrong--I'm sure the featured seller is a lovely person. I guess this kind of talk is rubbing me the wrong way today.

So many folks have offered help, in an effort to make me feel better. I thank you for that. How about sending folks to my Etsy shop, while my website is down? That would make me feel a lot better, because I know my books are still being viewed.

Which brings me full circle to loving Etsy again. Thank goodness I have an Etsy shop. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to sell my books at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment