Friday, February 13, 2004

Valentine's Day Social

Teenagers and Modern Love-Fests

Yes, you should be cringing by now. Today was the Valentine's Social. 400 12-14-year-olds in a darkened gym, with DJ music blaring, streamers streaming, and teachers "on duty." My duty wasn't too bad: I was helping sell pizza, soda, pickles, and candy, which was in the adjoining gym. Hectic, but not unbearable.

Steve had detention duty. Some students didn't even make it to the social. I would count them among the "lucky few." They got to sit up in the cafeteria and do their homework. Steve got to sit there and watch them. This would be considered the "easy" duty.

Then there are the other teachers who were actually in the dance area of the social. I suppose their duty could be called, "Grope Detail." Not fun. It's hot in there, the kids are all acting like fools, and it's a modern cultural "love day." Please!

It's just grody, you know? All these sweaty, pubescent boys and girls, "dancing" with each other.


EEEeeeeewwww. It's just eew.

I'm glad I'm finally home for a 4-day weekend.


--groovygrrl, queen of valentine's day

No comments:

Post a Comment