Not everything regarding teaching is bad.
My favorite quotes from students:
1. (While I was eating chips, after school): Miss! You can't eat with your mouth full!
My response: Really? How do you eat?
2. (After a discussion about whether or not their dad was present when they were born): Yeah, my dad wasn't there when I was born. My mom wasn't there, either.
3. (This is proof that they listen to every word you say...when she was urging a kid to open his book and get started, this student said): Dude, use the two brain cells you have to rub together!
4. (Our perennial annoying favorite, which happens almost every day): Do we have to write this down? Our response, every freaking day: If I write it down, then it's probably important enough for you to write it down.
5. (Aaaaand this is probably my personal favorite): Miss! I'm not late, my stuff was here!
Coming Soon: 803 Reasons Why Teaching In Public School Will Kill You Slowly
--groovygrrl, queen of snappy comebacks