Tuesday, May 04, 2004

What the hell is a 'lime rickey'?

...because I think I love them.

At the end of the school year, (read: right now) the teachers start to get antsy. They are short-tempered, often off-task, and they go out to lunch a lot more than they used to. They also might have to double their doses of Prozac, as I'm sure you can all imagine.

To wit (about the lunch, not the Prozac): S. told me he was going to Sonic for his lunch today, and did I want a cherry limeade? Of course, I said, "...huuuyeah!" I said this because I love that cherry limeade.

And here he is, even as I write this: he enters my classroom, bearing the aforementioned cherry limeade, which will henceforth be referred to as the "cherry lime rickey."

Where the hell did that title for a drink come from? What makes something a "rickey?" Is it the carbonation? The combination of flavors? Or is it a rickey, as Descartes might observe, simply because I say so?

All I know is, this cherry lime rickey is delicious. It is also the envy of the students, who are all begging me to have some. To them, I say, "Nay!" and slurp away.


Payback for all the crap I've been taking from them this year.


--groovygrrl, queen of *ssslllllluuuuuurrrrrp!*

No comments:

Post a Comment