Monday, May 24, 2004

Best Monday of the Year

...it's Today!

Yes folks, today is the best Monday EVER, because it is the last Monday of the year. When I was leaving the house today, I said to my wee daughter, "Only 3 more days of work, honey! Then mama will be home!" It was so refreshing to realize that. I suppose it is somewhat refreshing to know that I will actually make it to the end of the year, and not collapse in a puddle of rage and uncertainty. It's been known to happen.

I am still in a bit of a frenzy, however. End of the school year and all that, y'know. Perhaps you don't know. Perhaps you have to work through the summer, while I get to sleep late (a lie), take long walks in the park (a truth), and spend the whole summer gardening (also a truth).

Whoever made the first kitschy thing at a craft fair that said, "What are the best three things about teaching? June, July, and August!" was not only being very cheesy, but very truthful. I can't believe I'm ending today's blog with a quote from a craft fair tchotchke. good lord.

You see? The children steal my brain!

--groovygrrl, queen of craft fairs

No comments:

Post a Comment