Monday, May 03, 2004

gone fishin'

...it's all about the Benjamins.

So I discovered that there are positions open at the alternative high school where I had the best teaching experience of my life. I checked into it, and if they place me on the salary schedule where I think I deserve to be, I'll be making a lot more money than I am now.

"But!" I thought to myself, "this is the same district that let you go 6 years ago. Perhaps you should hold on to your grudge?"

"No," I replied to myself, " I should let the grudge go. I loved teaching at that school. Just because the people running the district are short-sighted doesn't mean I shouldn't go back. That teaching position is just too awesome. Plus, are you going to turn down money in your pocket because of some stupid feelings?"

And to that, I replied, as any "good American" would: "Of course not."

Therefore, I'm goin' on a fishin' expedition. I'm going to apply for the position, and see what happens. If nothing happens, I still have my current job.

Added benefit: It will annoy my current principal. Hee.


--groovygrrl, queen of money management

No comments:

Post a Comment