Sunday, March 11, 2007

Pure joy.


I am not the biggest sports fan, but I was raised in rural Iowa, where there wasn't much to do. Participating in sports kept us all fit, and my father liked to watch Iowa Hawkeye football and basketball on the weekends, so I did, sometimes, too.

To brighten your day, I found this video of the Miami of Ohio team celebrating (.6 seconds prematurely, it turned out) their win over Akron. What I love about the video is the reaction of the team, the cheerleaders, the coaches, everyone, right after Doug Penno makes his shot. It is absolutely wonderful to watch.

It's just so instant. Instant joy. Just add sweat.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:25 AM

    Strangely, I never knew you cared about basketball. But considering where you grew up, I guess it makes sense.

    Has Spring finally come to Denver?

    -Laura

    ReplyDelete