Thursday, June 30, 2005

Annual Haircut

In about an hour I'll be going in to have my "annual" haircut. That's what my stylist calls it, anyway. I don't have my hair cut often. She does a really good job of styling it, so that I can go ages without having it cut. A couple of years ago, I donated my long-ass hair to the cancer wig people. I'm thinking I should do that every 5 years or so.

But I digress.

Every time I go in to have my hair cut, I swear to myself that I'm going to put aside some money so I can have it done more often. I never seem able to do this. Is it a subconscious, self-hatred thing? Do I simply care so little about my appearance that I won't go in for a haircut?

No. I don't hate myself. I just don't have any money, and it's hard to justify the expense, when I could just let it grow out. Haircuts are really a luxury, when you think about it. So, I don't go in very often.

Except she's got me almost hooked on the waxing.

Yes, gentlemen, it's true. Some women are just into pain. My eyebrows look amazing after she's done with them; they look much better than I could do with a tweezer. And the pain is far less than tweezing, because it's over all at once.

Of course, there are other health-and-beauty related things that I could get hooked on, if I had the expendable cash. Chiropractor visits. Colonics.


Okay, I won't digress there.

4 comments:

  1. Eeewww.... colonics. I hope you're kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, I'm not. Colonics can be strangely addictive. One feels lighter afterward, and one loses weight in the process, and about one week afterward. After a colonic, one doesn't need to eat as much, because the intestines are clear to soak up all the nutrients from the food.

    *sigh*
    Alas, the laws have changed so that one needs a doctor's prescription to get a colonic. HMO bastards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog. Please check out my health net physician
    site. It is all about health net physician
    informations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice blog. Please check out my mental health clinic philadelphia
    site. It is all about mental health clinic philadelphia
    informations.

    ReplyDelete