Thursday, June 03, 2004

On Vacation in Iowa

Aaaah....

Iowa is great this time of year. The river is flooding the fields, the deer are overpopulated and wander very close to the highways, and the mosquito population has increased by a power of 10, just from yesterday!

It's not that bad, actually. The sun came out today, after 4 days of rain, and it really felt nice. Last night there was a full moon shining down on us, and there were all sorts of crickets and frogs singing about it. I have been sleeping more this week than I have in the past 10 months. It's been very relaxing.

However, we must STOP EATING. All my parents do is cook us dinner or take us out to dinner. Of course, we feel compelled to eat what is put in front of us. As a result, we will be able to roll home to Denver under our own steam. It's getting desperate. I think a fast is in order.

As much as I am enjoying myself, I am starting to look forward to going home. Well, not going home, but being home. We still have to drive across Iowa and Nebraska and 1/3 of Colorado, with a toddler in the back seat.

At least we will be refreshed for the trip.

--groovygrrl, queen of holidays

No comments:

Post a Comment