Sunday, June 15, 2008

Flood of 2008

I am from Iowa, so I am very interested in the flood news. In case you didn't know, Iowa is under water. Cedar Rapids, Iowa, is almost completely devastated--a city of 100,000 people. The Paramount Theatre is pretty much destroyed, for those who understand that statement.

My hometown, Amana, is out in the sticks. I did a search today, and found this video. The highway they are standing on is very close to my parents' house, where I grew up. When they pan left, just briefly you can see a line of trees--their house is over there. To give a little perspective on the video, know this: NONE of what you are seeing is "supposed" to be under water. It's all cornfield and highway, usually. Now it's running water.

Absolutely insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment