Saturday, April 26, 2008

Springtime

Ah, springtime in the Rockies. 75 degrees one day, snow the next. Wind blowing all the apple blossoms around, ruining the perfect vision of a tree in bloom.

You've heard it all before, you Colorado-dwellin' goobs. It's springtime!

It's time for you to hear something else. I know you are sitting there, bored, at your computer (why else would you be reading this right now?), and you want some entertainment. I've got it.

Not for the ultra-Christian, not for pedestrian, white-bread, don't-show-me-anything-scary-'cause-I-don't-wanna-open-my-mind-at-all, and not for those who abhor performance art and Goth girls, I give you Amazing Strangers.

Normal Bob Smith is an Internet friend of mine. He's a staunch athiest, so don't bother testifying, folks. It's what he does. He's a freelance artist, and is self-employed in NYC. If that doesn't impress you, nothing will. Do you have any idea what the rent is in NYC?

Aaaanyway, it's also springtime in New York, and Bob's got a new camera. He lives near Union Square, and highlights the day's activities on his website, telling you all about the Amazing Strangers he sees there. Reading about them and watching the videos of them gives me a taste of actual daily life in Manhattan. I've only visited there once, but didn't make it to Union Square. You had better believe, if I get there again, I'm going to visit and take my camera.

I will also seek you out and accost you, Bob. I know your face. I've seen your tattoos.

Don't worry. I'm harmless.

No comments:

Post a Comment