Sunday, December 23, 2007

Vacation Log: Day 2

Today is cleaning day. So was yesterday. I only got one section of the kitchen clean, though. It's the counter where we pile all the crap. I said to my husband, "Maybe if we keep it completely empty, then it'll stay that way."

He also thought that was a good idea. I don't know where we will put our piles and piles of mail, though. And our holiday cards from last year. And old birthday cards from two years ago. Oh, and how about 4 decks of cards, lids to bottles that don't exist, a pile of receipts, paper bags, and old birthday cake candles?

WHERE ARE WE GOING TO PUT THAT STUFF? I ask you.

Today we will continue with the cleaning. Today is "big cleaning" day. Although, yesterday was quite cathartic--I obviously filled a trash bag full of stuff. I am tired of all of the stupid crap we own. We own stupid crap! And sometimes can't throw it away! I hate that! We aren't "hoarders" as such. I've seen photos on the internet of people like that, and let me tell you, they have a problem. A big problem. Our hoarding goes in cycles of , "But we could use this!" to, "Get this shit out of my house!"

I think I just need to have people over more often. The house would be cleaner, more often, and I wouldn't have so much stinkin' crap!

1 comment:

  1. Hey groovy girl. I found a picture of all your stuff that I used for my blog post today on my story of stuff. If this is a problem, please let me know, I would be happy to remove it.

    I really like your blog, if i wasn't on a self imposed deadline, i'd spend more time perusing. i'll be back.

    you're welcome to check out the post, it should be up in the next 20 minutes. thanks and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete