- No guaranteed paycheck vs paid each month
- Commuting to work vs walking to your office
- Having an office/room/cubicle vs having whatever you choose to have as an office
- Being clean and well-presented every day vs jammies
- Doing what you are told vs doing what you choose
- Being paid what they allow vs making as much money as you can
Some very Very VERY good benefits are much more subtle. One of them presented themselves to me today. This benefit is becoming more and more of a motivator for me to be self-employed. It used to be the money potential only.
Now, it is this:
7. Being forced to suck up other people's SHIT because you HAVE to get along with them to get the work done vs choosing who the FUCK I will deal with.
GOD DAMN IT!
Okay. I feel better.