Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Discounted Soap! Get yours now!


Okay, folks, this is the deal:

When making soap, it is important to keep track of the ingredients involved very carefully. Making soap is not like cooking--a mistake can mean the soap will be drastically altered. On the bad end, too much lye means the soap will be caustic to the skin, causing extreme irritation.

That's not what happened here.

I was making my Lavender Calendula Baby Soap--standard recipe (100% olive oil) that I've done many, many times. Well, I missed a tick mark when I was measuring out the pounds of oil and........I added an extra pound to the batch. The result: a very soft soap, that holds its bar shape, smells fabulous, and is GUARANTEED not to last very long. Or lather much.

However! You, as the reader of this blog, have the opportunity of a lifetime! Okay, the opportunity of a month when the soap maker was scatterbrained--these soaps are ultra-gentle, ultra-soothing, and ultra-discounted. Each bar of this particular soap is just $2.00. I've got 36 bars.

Let me know how many bars you would like to reserve. I'm not stamping them with my groovy stamp, either. We've just got to get these soaps out to the people.

Oh, and one more thing: the soaps were in the mold, near the window. Bad Dog jumped up on them to get to the window. BAD DOG! So, some of the soaps have paw/claw prints in them. No worries--the soap was covered with plastic at the time. *sigh* Welcome to my world.


Contact me through my website to order these bars.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:45 PM

    have you actually seen this book? it, and it's companion "Bad Cat", are my favorite thing to read at Borders.

    too bad about the soap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I've never read it. I thought the cover was great. If you can judge a book by its cover, this one will be a best-seller.

    Not too-too bad about the soap--I've sold almost half of them. So, at least I'm making a little bit of money off them. Want some?

    ReplyDelete