Saturday, July 23, 2005

Getting to me.

I know most of the known world only gets one week of vacation per year, if that, but teachers really look forward to their summers. We are loathe to give them up.

Recently, I've asked myself why, oh, why did I give this one up?


My work has taken over my summer, and I don't like it anymore. Well, I never really liked it, but now I find it rather annoying. I have to prepare curriculum for the class I'm teaching on Mondays and Wednesdays, and it takes a lot of time. I also have to attend and teach said class, which runs 5 hours at a shot. That's a lot of work.

And then there's the soap. Now, that is a bit more "enjoyable," but it is still done for money, and I sell it at a farmer's market, so that wipes me out. It's supposed to be cloudy tomorrow, though, so maybe it won't be too bad. If it's another 100 degree day, I may collapse.

Speaking of which, I think I should go load the trunk of my car, so I don't have to do it in the morning. When I load it in the morning, I inevitably forget something. Also, I'm not "running out" of soap per se, but "running low" might be a better description. I need to make more soap. That's a good sign, but doesn't bode well for my relaxation.

I've utterly given up my summer! My class ends Aug. 1, but after that I still have to finish grades, etc. Hmmph. That will leave me about 1 week before I have to go "back to work."

Ha!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:33 PM

    Well, poop. If it were cooler, it probably wouldn't irritate you so much. I hate just getting in the car these days. Stay cool at the market. You're probably there now or finishing up. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:09 PM

    But you make such good soap! I gave in and used the bar I was saving, and it's wonderful. Possibly the nicest soap I have ever used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:01 PM

    Here, Sweetie. Something to make you feel better.

    http://www.snarkywood.com/

    ReplyDelete