Thursday, December 13, 2012

Vending Snobbery

I don't vend outdoors in December. 

Call me a snob if you want, but I'm absolutely DONE with vending in the potential cold. We are signed up for the whole season of our local farmer's market, which goes into the first weekend of November. Sometimes October and November weather can be unpredictable here in Denver, but this year we lucked out. I did a Saturday in October that was cold, but otherwise the weather was pleasant.

And I was invited to do an outdoor holiday market on December 8. 

I said, in very clear terms, "Thank you so much for thinking of me, but I don't vend outdoors after the farmer's market is over." 

In my mind, I said, "NO. WAY."

Maybe, if this was my sole source of income, I'd reconsider. As it is right now, I just won't do it. 

Where do you draw the line?

No comments:

Post a Comment