Thursday, September 29, 2011

Small Business Tip of the Day: Take the Help

I was talking to a friend yesterday, and mentioned my busy schedule for the next month. She said to me, "If there's anything I can do to help, let me know."

Now, this is a good friend, and I could tell she meant it. I am a do-it-yourself kind of person, and usually I reply, "Thanks, I appreciate that. I'll let you know." Yesterday, though, I really needed the help.

This Saturday I am vending all day, and my husband has an event he's attending in the middle of the day. I had asked him to secure grandma to watch our daughter. She said she would watch her, but only if we could take here there, which is 20 miles away. This messed up my evening plans with my daughter, long story short.

So when my good friend, who has a daughter nearly my girl's age, said she wanted to help, I replied, "Well, actually, yes. If you could take my girl during the day, that would be amazing." She immediately said yes, knowing that her daughter would then have someone to play with all day, and both girls would be super happy.

And my problem was solved. Just like that. I'm going to give her some money for the day to take everyone out to lunch, and for treats, etc. Then that evening, we are all going to the same event, anyway. It is going to work out perfectly.

And it's all because I TOOK THE HELP.

Take it! If someone offers it, take it! It's not like you don't help everybody else, right? Because I know you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment