Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Chastised!

I am a lazy ass!

Ok, Paula. I'm posting.

Paula chastised me for not writing. This is warranted; I have been ignoring my chance to blog and blog some more!

Here goes:

Since my last blog, things have been interesting. On April 2, we had another Middle School social. Instead of selling pizza and pop, I got to do face painting. Much more fun! I discovered that I am pretty good at it, and now I'm thinking I should park my ass at some farmer's markets or seek out some other, low-level festivals, and do some cheapo face-painting with watercolors, to make a buck or two. We'll see.

After the social, we had Spring Break! Hooray! We traveled to sunny St. George, Utah, otherwise known as "The Desert Retirement Community that Desperately Wants to Be the Next Miami." In a few years, it could be. Why are they developing all these homes, and then plunking palm trees down, in the desert? They look stupid. There are lots of other developments out there that are all in desert colors and decor, that don't have palm trees. Nice tile, rust or brown, or gray colors. They look ok.

Zion National Park is gorgeous! Driving through Utah is gorgeous! It's all so pretty! I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I am tanned, rested, and ready.

Ok, not ready. Yesterday, for our "staff development" we went up to Balarat Outdoor Environmental Whatever, and did a ropes course. This is a huge structure where you walk on ropes, while someone supports you from the ground on a tether. I was walking on a rope about 30 feet in the air. It was frightening and fun at the same time. My face is now sunburned, and my muscles are screaming at me. My jeans are also covered in mud on the butt area, where I fell in the mud when I jumped off the truck. It completed the experience of the day.

Now I am sitting at school, blogging instead of working. It's ok. I did real paperwork during my lunch hour. We have 6 1/2 weeks left of school.


I'll make it.


--groovygrrl, queen of perseverance

No comments:

Post a Comment